CALL US TOLL FREE AT
Live telephone intake hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Fill Out Our Intake Form
Complete our online intake form and DRP staff will contact you as quickly as possible.
Request a Publication
Click here to access DRP’s library of resources available for self-advocacy.
You may also request publications be mailed by filling the form located on the resources page.
Fill Out Our Media Inquiry Form
Complete our online form and DRP staff will contact you as quickly as possible.
Eligibility for Services
DRP helps people with disabilities:
- With disability-related problems in employment, education, housing, access to facilities and programs, and access to the opportunity to vote
- Who are subjected to abuse or neglect
- Eliminate institutionalization and segregation and advocates for integrated community services, supports and treatment
- Eliminate discrimination on the basis of disability
- Advocate for government service systems and funding for people with disabilities
DRP does not handle problems that all people face, whether they have a disability or not. DRP does not assist people who need help:
- Obtaining a divorce or custody
- Filing tax returns
- Preparing for probating a will
- Filing for bankruptcy
- Defending themselves in criminal matters
- Finding employment or housing
- Becoming a guardian for a person with a disability
- Applying for or appealing social security disability benefits
Each year, DRP receives more requests for assistance than it have adequate funding and resources to handle. As a result, DRP cannot provide legal or advocacy representation for every issue that DRP is requested to review. The matters that DRP takes on must be consistent with agency priorities. DRP focuses on issues that have a potential to make systemic change. DRP prioritizes issues involving people with disabilities who do not have other legal representation. DRP does not charge clients for its services.
Whenever possible, the person with a disability in need of assistance should contact DRP directly.
Please note that contacting DRP for assistance does not establish an attorney-client relationship with DRP.