May 18, 2015•Alerts
ABC’s of Manage Care Presentation – June 9, 2015
Date: June 9, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: Institute on Disability, Room 254, Strawberry Square, 11 N. 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
ABC’s of Managed Care
Do you know what managed care for home and community-based services could mean for you? David Gates Esq., Managing Attorney-Harrisburg, PA Health Law Project will do a presentation on the managed long term services and supports. There will be host sites throughout the state that will connect or you can participate through your personal computer. Sites are still being developed throughout the state, please visit the registration page for a complete list of sites or contact Lan Do (email@example.com) for more site availabilities.
The training addresses:
- Key differences between Managed Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) and current fee-for-service system
- Core concepts of Managed LTSS including “capitation”, “provider networks”, “Network adequacy”, “credentialing”, “rate setting” and “utilization management”
- Existing Models: Health Choices (1915b), LIFE & ACAP (1915a)
- The role of service coordination and person centered planning
- Role of state in contracting, negotiating and oversight
- Connection to medical and behavioral managed care (Health Choices)
The types of services currently delivered through managed care in other states?
Click here PDF of this announcement