April 5, 2013•Alerts
Institute on Disabilities at Temple University presents The Mini Course Lecture Series on Disabilities
Forwarded by the Disability Rights Network of Pennsylvania –
The Institute on Disabilities at Temple University is holding a mini course lecture series on disabilities. The next presentation is “Long Term Support Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities”.
For information about this series click here or read below.
Presented by: Allan I. Bergman
Nationally recognized expert in Medicaid policy and practice and leader in policy development regarding “best practice” supports and services for people with disabilities and their families.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Rodef Shalom Congregation
4905 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA. 15213
Thursday, May 2, 2013
234 Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Time for both locations: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Registration 9:00 AM)
Managed Care ‘101’: Fundamentals of Managed Care
• State/federal budget strategies and “national stampede”
• Waivers states receive from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to implement their strategy
• Constructs of managed care strategies
• Lessons learned from states engaged in strategies
• ADA Title II “most integrated setting” and Olmstead overlay
• Status of initiatives in Pennsylvania
• Critical need for stakeholder engagement
Presentation is FREE. Registration is recommended. ACT 48 credits available.
TO REGISTER go to http://disabilities.temple.edu/programs/miniseries/
Tel: 215-204-1356 (voice)
Co-Sponsors: Disability Rights Network of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council