July 17, 2018•Alerts
Public Forums on Issues for Pennsylvanians with Disabilities: We want to hear from you!
On Monday July 9, 2018, Disability Rights of Pennsylvania (DRP) will start its 45-day public comment period for their FY 2019-2021 program goals and objectives. DRP invites public feedback on the issues that matter most to individuals with disabilities, along with their families and organizations supporting them. August 23, 2018 will be the final day to offer public comments. DRP is hosting 3 additional live, in-person, public forums. Please refer to the information later in this flyer.
Specifically, DRP would like to hear your ideas about…
- current, new and emerging issues since last year’s comment period,
(current program goals and objectives can be viewed here)
- the disability and social issues we should track to better support citizens with disabilities as well as our education and training efforts,
- how we can ensure protection of civil and human rights,
- the training opportunities we should make available for people with disabilities, family members, and for people who provide supports and the general community, and
- public policy changes needed at the federal, state, and local level.
DRP is the federally authorized, protection and advocacy system, in Pennsylvania to provide legal and advocacy services to persons with disabilities.
DRP staff works diligently statewide to:
- improve disability services and social systems
- work to ensure civil rights and to empower the community
- provide technical and training assistance
- increase knowledge of disability rights
- enhance the quality of life
- advocate for positive social changes
- conduct monitoring and investigations of abuse and neglect
- disseminate information
69 E. Beau Street-Washington, PA 15301
|Final Information To Be Announced (TBA)||10:00 am-
2600 North 5th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
Please attend one of these PUBLIC FORUMS, either in person or online. You may also send us your written comments via an online survey or by email.
All in-person forums will have ASL and CART accommodations. There is no need to request those accommodations. If you require other accommodations, please contact us at least two weeks prior to the date of the meeting you will attend. Note that DRP will utilize a brief PowerPoint presentation during the forum.
Please contact us through these methods if you have questions or need an accommodation:
Voice:(717) 236-8110; Ext.300 TTY: 877-375-7139;
Email: Ann Fleisher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Written comments are due no later than Thursday August 23, 2018. To submit written comments, please submit by online survey, postal mail, email or FAX at the following addresses:
Disability Rights Pennsylvania
ATTENTION: Ann Fleisher
301 Chesnut Street, Suite 300
Harrisburg, PA 17101
FAX: (717) 236-0192 (Please include cover page, adding above contact information on page 1, noting with your comments afterward.)
This announcement is made possible through funding from the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. This flyer is available in alternate formats upon request.